Windows Update 8 Fix

Ok real quick. Brand new windows 8 install. Setup windows and it fails to update, no prompt, no warning just fails (says downloading forever 12+ hours of waiting). The fix was editing the MSCONFIG to disable all processes but native windows processes. Now the soapbox, ok Windows, really, Google Drive prevents the updates from running... Ok normally I would just say forget the updates but without the updates no .net framework updates no .net framework updates and my software doesn't work. So I had to fix it. Why am I researching how to make windows update work? It's own windows update repair utility could not even fix it. I can do the leg work for my Linux box it's open source, it's free..I get it; but I paid $90 for Windows and it doesn't work out of the box? Anyway if win update don't work MSCONFIG, disable anything that's not Windows, and bingo was her name.

Comments

Popular Posts