The NETWORK TOOLS

For far too long I have tried to get freeware to work security analysis on my XP box, I had picked up so many viruses, trojans, and worms that I adapted a new philosophy, "When not if your computer crashes wipe and reinstall." I can't complain fully because it taught me how to protect important data, but with Ubuntu my search was over. I now can use nmap, rlogin, and wget just to name a few not even mentioning the network tools that come bundled with the distro.

nmap (teminal) - a far more detailed port scanner than anything I have seen
wget (terminal)- html without the browser (nuff said)
rlogin (terminal)- ssh (KISS'd)
remote deskop viewer (bundled) - vnc client (GUI)
network tools (bundled) - traceroute, ping, lookup, port scan (GUI)

With these tools I can pick up right where I left off with XP. I can troubleshoot networks and test my servers for vunarabilities.

Comments

Popular Posts