The PEOPLE

Guys I want to hear about your experiences with Ubuntu. The good ,the bad, and the ugly. I'm still loving this OS the more and more I use it. There are things that I notice that I've had some trouble with like uploading from network drives, so I always have to copy over to my desktop first. I'm wonder if I dive into Samba I may be able to see something about that.
Either way I find myself many times trying to ponder why I enjoy this OS as much as I do and I think it lies in this....Do you guys remember when cars used to have 5 gauges on the H.U.D. (heads up display), you had radiator fluid, oil level, oil pressure, temp, and battery. Now a days you have temp and a bunch of lights. Well I liked to know the status of my car with out having to punch into the computer, Ubuntu as user friendly as it is allows for that too! The utilities bundled with it allow you to look under the hood very easily with out having to go to far out of your way or know a great deal of code.

I guess I like it because it's the perfect blend of usability (GUI) and operations (core computer OPS). How about you?

Comments

Popular Posts